Wednesday 18 September 2024

Describe something you did in your study/work that has made you feel confident | SEPTEMBER TO DECEMBER 2024 NEW CUE CARDS SAMPLE ANSWER | NEW CUE CARDS 2024

 

Describe something you did in your study/work that has made you feel confident

   - What it was 

   - Why you did it 

   - How it made you feel confident 

   - How it impacted you 

Vocabulary

 

 

1. Memorable – something worth remembering.

2. Keen interest – strong enthusiasm or curiosity about something.

3. Competition – an event where people compete to win.

4. Teams – groups working together in a competition or task.

5. Challenge myself – push oneself to try something difficult.

6. Retained – to remember or keep knowledge.

7. Comfort zone – a place or situation where one feels safe or at ease.

8. Nervous – feeling worried or anxious.

9. Tricky – difficult or complicated.

10. Fierce – intense, strong competition or rivalry.

11. On top of the world – feeling extremely happy and confident.

12. Pressure – stress or urgency to succeed.

13. Boost – an increase or improvement.

14. Participate – to take part in an activity or event.

15. Academically – related to education or schoolwork.

16. Believe in myself – to have confidence in one’s abilities.

17. Encouraged – inspired or motivated to do something.

18. Experience – knowledge or skills gained from doing something.

19. Comfort zone – an area where someone feels safe or comfortable.

20. Confidence – belief in one’s abilities or qualities.

 

Sample answer

 

One of the most memorable things I did during my school years that made me feel confident was participating in a science quiz. It was a school-level competition where different teams from each grade competed against each other. I’ve always had a keen interest in science, so when the opportunity came, I jumped at it.

 

The reason I decided to take part was because I wanted to test my knowledge and challenge myself. I had been studying various topics, especially related to biology and physics, but I wasn't sure how much I actually retained. Also, it was a great chance to step out of my comfort zone and experience something new.

 

When the quiz started, I was a bit nervous, as the questions were pretty tricky, and the competition was fierce. However, as the rounds progressed, I answered more questions correctly, and I started to feel *on top of the world*. By the end of it, my team won second place, which gave me a huge confidence boost.

 

This experience impacted me deeply. Not only did I realize that I had the ability to perform under pressure, but it also encouraged me to participate in more school activities in the future. *All in all*, this science quiz made me more confident, not just academically, but in every aspect of my life, as I learned to believe in myself and my abilities.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment